Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yahoo has its problems

• Please log in to reply

dazedandconfusedz

dazedandconfusedz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi.. im new here and decided I needed help so came here. I installed the new yahoo not long ago and used it for awhile. Well.. i signed off one time and tried to get back on and everytime I opened it, it would close. SO i uninstalled it by control panel and everything, and tried to put it back on. Well it came up with a error saying I needed a file called MSVCP71.dll and another called yimage.dll well I installed the two free versions now.. where do i put them? I tried putting them in the yahoo messenger folder but it didn't work still says I need to re-install it or something. I would love is someone would :tazz: me asap. my email is [email protected] pleast help. thanks -Jess

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
what do you mean you installed the new yahoo? Yahoo has many programs that you can download.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
yahoo messenger, I would presume.

uninstall yahoo by using add/remove programs, delete the folder C:\program files\Yahoo!, open up my computer and type %appdata% in the location bar, there's a yahoo messenger folder in there, delete that. download messenger again and reinstall. if you can't find the second folder then just delete the one in program files, it's messed itself up somewhere in the uninstall/reinstall process and hopefully this will fix it.