Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IBM PC formatted, cannot reload win98 lost origional disk

• Please log in to reply

breadman

breadman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an old pc, It is a shop brought one, IBM Model: 6277530 Version: NHKT26AFR, Series: 558124W, purchased in 1998.

It was formatted and I cannot find the recovery or original disks. I have tried to load windows 98 and it refuses to load. After searching the web, it could be because it has a “locked BIOS”. I cannot get it to boot from D drive. I have looked at the IBM site and just do not understand it. What can I do apart from buying a new pc? (which I cannot afford)
:tazz: I am not computer literate.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You might try this to unlock the BIOS. Unplug the computer, take out the CMOS battery for about five minutes, put it back, plug it back in and boot up. That should remove any passwords. If you look real hard you may be able to find a manual and other things like drivers for it at the IBM site.