Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

t-man

t-man

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
My windows 98 computer is connected to my router but it will not connect to the internet. I have tried releasing and renewing my ip address and resetting or unplugging the router and modem. I have also tried plugguing my windows 98 computer directly into my modem but all has failed. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
T-man

Advertisements

gen244drdr

gen244drdr

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hi T-man,

Have you looked at the lights on your modem? Maybe that will tell you if the modem itself is connected to the internet. Also, does another computer connect via that modem or router? (if its convenient to check).

We need to try and establish if the problem is a the computer or modem.

t-man

t-man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I have checked the lights and all of them are on. I have two other computers running wirelessly through the router that both work, but I do not have another computer connected directly to the router. Any clue?
Thanks,
T-man