Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero

• Please log in to reply

Tensaei

Tensaei

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I'm trying to burn my data to CD-R disks. I'm burning .avi files, and this problem has occured today.
I start burning 700 mbs worth of data to my disk at the speed of 48x (7,200 kb/s) or it was 40x (6,000 kb/s), I forgot which one it was. Anyways, I start to burn it and when it is finished, or when it is supposed to be finished it has an error! :) So, I try it again with a few more disks and it keeps happening. I was burning my .avi files like a week ago and now it just starts acting up. I don't remember what error it was, or what it said. I know it just had an error at the end. Can anyone resolve my issue?

:tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Make sure you have the latest update for Nero

Try lowering the speed

On the page just before you click burn, click record settings and tick determine write speed

Do you have verify data after burning ticked

ynape

ynape

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Might want to utilize the "simulation" option till you get the issue resolved.

I usually burn at a slower speed than the hardware/software say they are capable of doing. The more involved the material is,or the more important it is to me that the copy be accurate, the slower I burn.

I am also interested re software and cd dvd burn uses -
successes and failures, just finished a post myself.
good luck - ynape