Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie question about Vegas Video 6.

• Please log in to reply

erik567

erik567

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
I am having a codec problem. I downloaded a bunch of codec's (divx etc..) and i do not see them under my "render as..." option. Any idea's why they are not there, or how i can get them so i can use them to render?

Advertisements

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Did you download them as specific plug-ins for vegas video where their description said they would allow you to use them to compress your videos?

If not, just downloading them as a codec to let you watch videos in that compression doesn’t necessarily mean you can compress your own videos in vegas, you need a specifically made plug-in.

Perhaps you have added them to the wrong directory in vegas, do they come with a ReadMe file ?

What codecs are they and where did u get them from?

Hope this helps.

erik567

erik567

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I have no idea where to put the codec's, i just installed them... where am i suppose to put them?

Also, before this i had vegas 5, but hten upgraded to 6, but, now the codec's arent working, with 5, i "think" i just installed them, but i remember having trouble but i am not sure how i fixed it.

Edited by erik567, 30 November 2005 - 12:35 PM.

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Sorry I still don’t understand what your problem is or how to start to troubleshoot it, can you answer the questions in my previous post and provide some more detail?

Thanks

erik567

erik567

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Did you download them as specific plug-ins for vegas video where their description said they would allow you to use them to compress your videos? No.

If not, just downloading them as a codec to let you watch videos in that compression doesn’t necessarily mean you can compress your own videos in vegas, you need a specifically made plug-in. Do you have any links to compressing codecs?

Perhaps you have added them to the wrong directory in vegas, do they come with a ReadMe file ? nope, its an .exe

What codecs are they and where did u get them from? DefilerPack Divx Xvid ( not sure where to put it) eViewstreamD (not sure)

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Sorry erik567 im not sure, you might have to try posting a a fourm where vegas video is discussed more. (www.dvxuser.com) (http://www.videouniv...cgi?;category=1)

erik567

erik567

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Ok, ill look for help at dvxuser. thanks!