Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost

• Please log in to reply

ambmy9

ambmy9

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
ok i just got this computer its a compaq persario(ez) series from this friend of mine he got it from a friend of his i guess what wrong is that it keeps looseing memory. neither know anything about computers and he just desided to give it to me to try and fix so.. i am coming to u guys to ask what i need to do to see what the problem is. i have not done anything with it yet. also the computer has only been use for about 6 months before it started this and it has been sitting in my friends closet for about a year. so please could u :tazz: me.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
When you say losing memory do you mean RAM or disk space? And is the memory filling up, that is losing available memory, or does the indicated total memory go down.

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
well i'm not sure. so far the only problem i have is a blurred screen that i cann't fix for some reason but i thought u guys might have a idea how i can make sure theres nothing wrong with any of my memory. i downloaded everest on it so if u need they computer info i can give it to u

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
If you want to check the RAM memory in the machine you can download the memtest program from: http://www.memtest86.com/

You will need to make a CDROM (older versions you could make a floppy, but I am not sure if that is still an option). This will do a very good test of the memory, which is not possible when the operating system is running.