Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive Fail after SPYSHERIFF screwup

• Please log in to reply

gumbysgwee

gumbysgwee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello.

I have 2 hard drives on my computer, as of right now both say they have failed when i try to boot up.
MY husband clicked on spysheriff to "save me time" on our virus software not realizing he was making a mess of things. I followed advice from another site and now i'm hoping i'm not screwed. I downloaded ad-aware and ran that then i downloaded "edw" know i'm going to spell it wrong. sorry. Next it said to use cleanitup in safe mode. OK heres the fun part. I started the comp in safe mode used cleanitup, then i rebooted, i recieved an error your master hard drive has failed. so we switched to our other harddrive then all i got was a black screen so i put in my operating sytem disk of XP and tried booting from both harddrives and they both say failed.

I will not be able to get back on the comp till morning but i would appreciate any ideas u can give me.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Do you know the brand of the hard drives? You can make a diagnostic boot floppy at the maker's website, using any computer, and run it on the machine to test the condition of the drives. I would highly reccomend doing that.