Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Ipod nanos on one computer.

• Please log in to reply

ryandme

ryandme

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have tried to set up 2 different Ipods on one comouter and have tried to change them to manually select songs. Pardon my igonorance but where can I find the "Preferences" button. Where is this "Source List" located. Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Preferences is found under EDIT. iTunes is the only program I know of that has it there, so if you expected it under Advanced, so did I.

The Source list is where you can access your songs, videos, podcasts, Internet radio stations, the iTunes Music Store, playlists, and other audio sources. The Source list includes:
  • Your library, where all your imported songs and purchased music videos appear
  • Podcasts, radio-style shows downloadable using the iTunes Music Store or from the Internet
  • Videos, where all your music videos purchased from the iTunes Music Store appear
  • Party Shuffle, a "live mix" playlist that you can listen to when you want iTunes to be your DJ
  • A radio tuner, which allows you to listen to streaming audio broadcasts on the Internet
  • The iTunes Music Store, where you can buy and download songs, albums, audiobooks, and music videos from the Internet (not available in all countries; for more information visit www.apple.com/itunes/store)
  • Any iPod that's connected to your computer.
  • Any playlists or folders you've created to organize your music, customize playback, or burn CDs. iTunes comes with some Smart Playlists already created for you, and if you buy music from the Music Store, iTunes creates a Purchases playlist.
  • Any shared music libraries available on your local network
  • Any audio CDs inserted into your computer's CD drive
rmurphy