Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Networks.

• Please log in to reply

lucien

lucien

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
I just bought a D-Link wireless router..I am sharing an internet connection on a home wireless network. I have a card in my computer for the internet instead of its own router. I was wondering if this card i have in my pc can be used to send and receive data from an XBOX while at the same time giving me internet access.I would like to have my xbox downstairs hooked up to this wireless router and send data to my computer into neXBC so i can play games with people over the internet. Is this possible? Do i need more things and what would i need to do this ? Thanks in advance =)

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
it is possible me personally am trained in networking and i would have to sit there and test things over and over and keep trying. i did this with my ps2 and it took 4 days of trying about 4 hours a day. you have to try ip and change and test pain in the but someone has to do it for you if you don't know how it can't be explained

jpro

jpro

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
:) my friend has hooked his ps2 up to his pc through a wired system it took him 7hours to do this and install the drivers.
ive never seen a wireless network on a xbox though i expect it is possible.
:tazz: Try going to the xbox site or call the helpline they may be able to help :)

lucien

lucien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Well sounds alot harder than i thought it would be...but thanks for the advice :tazz: lol
Byebye

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
i have a way to do this running a cable from your computer to your xbox or you they do sell wireless adapters for xbox that connect to a wireless router. if you want to run the cable on your computer that connects wireless go to start programs accesories communications net. setup wizard. now go through till you get to the part that asks about internet and hit this computer connects directly to the internet and chose the wireless as the connection. after you do that run a cable from the computer network card to the xbox network. This has to be a crossover cable. that should work. before you run the cable open my network connections on the computer and make sure that there is a little hand picture under the wireless connection