Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printers

• Please log in to reply

stormycloud

stormycloud

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have a windows 95 progam on an older amd computer,(128megs of ram) that only runs an ingraver there is nothing else on this computer and it was working fine. but yesterday I started it up but it won't communicate with the ingraver. so I disconected the ingraver and hooked up an old epson stylus 600 printer that I had, installed the drivers but it won't comunicate with it either. it is on lpt1 spool setting is RAW
irq 07 what could be wrong with this thing. never had this trouble before :tazz:

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
irq7 is correct for LPT1 did you make sure you have the 95 drivers the biggest thing you can do is get a new pc or upgrade to xp. 95 is a pain to get drivers and troubleshoot problems. did you make sure the printer is on. did you change your system recently before the problem. if you installed new hardware to irq7 recently it could be a conflict.

stormycloud

stormycloud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I now have the problem fixed, I added another printer port and it fixed the problem everything works fine now. I guess there is something fisically wrong with the port. thanks anyway