Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Windows XP HP Laptop won't turn on!

• Please log in to reply

WanderingChildX

WanderingChildX

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: My Windows XP HP Laptop won't turn on! :)

For the past month I can't get my laptop to turn on, It's plugged in and the light is green, but when I press the button the fan goes on and the screen goes on, it starts to load with that Windows XP thing with the blue loading bar like normal, then it gives several options which is new, it gives turn on normally, what last worked, and turn on safe mode. I tried them all, each one i click it starts to load then i get this extremly quick blue square that takes up most of the screen and it instantly turns itself off, then by itself it starts up again and repeats this process but will never fully turn on, i need help please.

-Wandering Child X

Advertisements

toukon

toukon

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Please post specs of your computer, as much info as you can give.

1. What changes have you made to your computer? Hardware, software, installations, uninstallations, etc.
2. On that blue screen (of death), post what type of error it says. Does it vary with each startup?

WanderingChildX

WanderingChildX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
1. What changes have you made to your computer? Hardware, software, installations, uninstallations, etc.

I downloaded the new version of AIM

2. On that blue screen (of death), post what type of error it says. Does it vary with each startup?

It goes way too quick to tell, it shuts off automatically after that.

No it's the same every time.

marinb

marinb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I was wondering if you figured out what was wrong with your laptop. Mine is doing the exact same thing!

I've tried reading the blue screen about a million times.. I have no idea what it says!

Thanks, Marin :tazz:

Edited by marinb, 26 December 2005 - 07:31 PM.

nicolaonfire

nicolaonfire

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey

I have a HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop and it was doing the exact same thing.
So, I left it into a computer store to be fixed.
I don't know anything about computers so I let them fire away and fix what they thought wasthe problem.
So I collected my laptop a few days later and they said that they replaced the hard drive (the hard drive was not my problem, it was the whole thing with the screen not turning on) but anyway the guy said that he didn't know why the screen wasn't turning on and he said he rang HP and they didn't know either.
What is going on?
I looked all of this up on the net and it seems a lot of people are having the same problem with the screens not turning on.
My laptop was on guarantee for a year but it's just over the year now so I can't get a new one.
The exact same thing happened two of my friends HP laptops last year aswel.
Hmm

Edited by nicolaonfire, 06 May 2008 - 04:14 PM.