Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SO much help

• Please log in to reply

CestLaVie

CestLaVie

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Thank you for helping me who ever you are

I have quite a bit of problems here

problem number 1.) My Hard disk on my Windows XP. I went to go our on Thanksgiving for a week and came back with my computer lagging on the games and my hard disk with 8% of memory left. Im sure i had alot more space than that. I remeber all i did was add a few pictures when i got back from the break and remmebering the next day the computer was lagging. but I deleted them i made sure. Then just today I was really impatient and thought i could fix the computer and failed miserably. I uninstalled a couple of programs and deleted unneccesary pictures but the effect was little. something that i also think it could be is that when I turn on my computer and log onto my account whenever I get on there is about 61 pop ups of internet explorer saying the " you can not access " you know the one saying refresh or fix your internet options. that one page. Then it says that I have a Internet Browser problem and ask me to send a message to find out the problem or not. Anyways like i said I was growing impatient and I went into the task bar and i went into one of the tabs that allows you to "end proccess" and I looked at the most active one which was " iexplorer.exe ". if i remeber correctly. my friend told me to defragment my computer then run some spyware. but i can't defrag because my computer needs 15% space in order to defrag which i don't have and the spyware isn't working at the moment every time I run one it always stop on this one paticular file called " C:/WINDOWS/wt " And also for your information I Deleted Internet explorer the icon on my desktop and I restored it recently but it seems it doesn't work anymore, and all of the files like " cookie " and " History " and such they had files that i had to find a program to use with them. I'm sorry to trouble you but thats one problem.

I hope this information is useful

thank you

Advertisements

CestLaVie

CestLaVie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
oh and to add onto that this is what i meant by "refresh" or "switch your internet options"

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

and just now im experiencing a whole bunch of that like when im on the computer going to myspace.

CestLaVie

CestLaVie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
one last thing sorry ummm but Is there any scans or anyhing i can take for my computer to find out with the problem is i forgot to tell you that