Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

errorplace

• Please log in to reply

blznmami

blznmami

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i'm having a problem with my IE...it redirects me to errorplace.com...ihave no idea what to do or where to start to remove this malware...can someone help me please!!!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Admin has posted some very good advice and help at :

Free Malware Resources, etc.

be sure to read ditto's post at :

Read This Before Posting a HiJack This Log

You can also reset the home page in Tools>Internet Options on the General tab at the top in IE. About:blank loads fast, but you may want your own web site or some favorite to load at start up of IE.

Ron

blznmami

blznmami

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Should have mentioned that Spybot - Search and Destroy has a lot of good tools and can lock your home page in IE. It has a lot of options so be sure to read through the information available on how to use the tools/options.

I like the Secure Shredder, which I use to drag and drop the WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files and ...\TEMP folders into the shredder's window, and then shred as many times as I want. Use it on the directories that my anti-virus programs use to quarantine any viruses. Just make sure there is NOTHING you want to save as it's gone once shredded.

Please leave some feedback if this helps solve your problem(s). It helps to know if we are on the right track.

Ron

blznmami

blznmami

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you very much I used several of the programs and one of them seemed to have fixed the problem..thanks again