Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows is displayed on half a screen

• Please log in to reply

StanD

StanD

• Pip
  • 8 posts
When I install an additional PCI video card (to utilize 2 monitors), the screen attached to the mutherboard video port is fine, but the one attached to the PCI video card displays the complete desktop on half a screen (top half). If I go to the properties of the screen and make adjustments, I can get the second screen fixed, but it will return to the half screen on reboot.
Any suggestions?
Stan

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check the video card for apply changes

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I have a dual monitor setup myself... I have my NVIDIA GEFORCE 5200 (AGP, 128MB) for my primary monitor,
and an antiquated ATI MACH 64 (2 mb PCI) for secondary monitor.

Could you tell me wether your monitors are on 2 seperate cards, or on just one, ( cause i know many cards have 2 outputs, what for the old and new digital cables , my NVIDIA has a digital port.. )

Maybe you need to ajust the VGA settings, if you are using 2 cards.

To set my system up, i had to ajust the VGA settings for the card, and to do that i went into the registry and deleted a key...

Anyway get back to me on this ok?

StanD

StanD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have a dual monitor setup myself... I have my NVIDIA GEFORCE 5200 (AGP, 128MB) for my primary monitor,

Could you tell me wether your monitors are on 2 seperate cards, or on just one, ( cause i know many cards have 2 outputs, what for the old and new digital cables , my NVIDIA has a digital port.. )

To set my system up, i had to ajust the VGA settings for the card, and to do that i went into the registry and deleted a key...

StanD

StanD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Check the video card for apply changes

I have two video cards, one is a psi board and the other is on the motherboard.
How do I change the settings?

Thanks,
Stan

StanD

StanD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have two video cards, one is a psi board and the other is on the motherboard.
How do I change the settings?

Thanks,
Stan

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I'm surprized you can even do this, usually when you plug in a graphics card the port in the motherboard is taken offline by the CPU

I have a port on my motherboard too, tried using it, woudlnt give me anything...

What kind of video card and motherboard?