Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help! my computer wont let me go on secure sites!

• Please log in to reply

meg3

meg3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, i'm new and very desperate :tazz: . for some odd reason, my computer has altered the security settings, and i can't get onto any secure sites, e.g. hotmail, gmail, msn messenger, bank statements, etc. i have tried going to the properties and changing it back, but so far nothing has happened!!! i was hoping to get some advice! thanks!

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi Meg3 and welcome to G2G

Try going to Control Panel > Internet Options > Privacy and set the slider to accept all cookies ( slide down to bottom)

If this works put it up a notch - see if it works on this setting.

If this fails - try ... > Privacy ....Advanced put a check in "Override Auto cookie handling" check "allow 1st and 3rd party cookies" and check Always allow session cookies.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
NOOOO

Don't accept ALL cookies

Put it to medium, that's the default setting, and I never have any problems with it.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
meg3...

You might try deleting all your current cookies and temporary internet files. In Internet Explorer, click on "Tools", then on "Internet Options". Under the General tab, click on the "Delete Cookies" button, then on the "Delete Files" button. Then try your secure sites again.

wannabe1

meg3

meg3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
unfortunately, i have tried all of these methods and yet it still doesnt seem to work... :tazz: any other suggestions?? thank all of you who replied by the way!!!!

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Tell me, what antivirus/antispyware programs are you running?

One of them might be causing this.