Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System errors

• Please log in to reply

sampsonfamily

sampsonfamily

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having problems with my computer. I had bought this gateway computer 10/00 and since 03 I have been having error readings it has been freezing, Also in the HTTP: < the file next to it is in black what does that mean. I recieved microsoft works disc 2000, To download on my computer and I am not able to do that, It states put in 25 digit number located behind your cd jewel case?? what is that. I just have many issues and I am ready to throw out this computer.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Where did you get the download from was it Kaaza or Limewire?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I recieved microsoft works disc 2000, To download on my computer

i think he means...someone gave him their copy of the software to install...

sampsonfamily

sampsonfamily

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
When I purchased my computer they gave me microsft works 2000 it comes with 7 disc and I was informed by a friend of mine, How do I do my resume and all that on my computer if I do not have a program, I told her I use wordpad and she saw the disc and said dummy why didn;t you download microseft works so you have programs for resumes and letters and spellcheck.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...well the number they are wanting...is the product key code...and it should be on the packages that the cd's came in..