Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Here's a Brain buster.

• Please log in to reply

Lodmalm

Lodmalm

• Pip
  • 5 posts
First off, Hello everyone, new to the forums :tazz:

Ok. Here's the problem:

With several desktop games (mainly Seirra & Atari titles) whenever there are videos played between stages of game play, the video chops amazingly bad. I'm talkin a 5sec jump every 20-30 seconds with only a moments worth of audio at a time. All the games that I have experienced this with have been retail versions and fully updated, most recently: Matrix - Path of Neo.

I've attempted everything that comes to mind, cleaning and installing latest drivers, checking for corrupt/missing system files, triple checking dxdiag, heck, I even tried Atari's customer service lol.

The games all run perfectly between cut scenes, but this certianly has me baffled.

Any ideas??

:)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
could you list your full sstem specs?

Lodmalm

Lodmalm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
Asus A78NX-X (integrated Sound/NIC)
Geforce FX 5200 128MB AGP
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy LS
Sony DVD ROM (16x, I think)
Logitec CD RW 12x 8x 32x
768MB RAM PC3200
80GB HD UDMA 133

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I can tell you now its the fx5200 doing it, i know because i had the same bother and couldnt find a way of fixing it, also the card isnt near powerful enough to play the path of neo.

Lodmalm

Lodmalm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I had a feeling it was that piece of junk, but at least now I know.

Guess its finally time to look into a new vid card lol.

Can't thank you enough for the lightning fast replies.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Maybe someone else will know of a fix but i didnt have any luck with it, wasnt to much of a big deal im rarely patient enough to watch cut scenes, when i played HW2 it did it all the time and you cant skip the cutscenes so that was beyond annoying. Fx 5200s are pants probably one of the worst cards on the market really.

Lodmalm

Lodmalm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yea, fx5200 wasn't my first choice of vid cards, but the price fit my budget at the time.

Think I'm gonna logk into a GeForce 6600 128mb. But I've heard mixed comments about that "Turbo Cache" on the 6000 series. Any thougts on a decent budget gaming card I might wanna look into?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
x800gt

Lodmalm

Lodmalm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Awersome,