Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 1706. No Valid source could befound for product.

• Please log in to reply

thewhirlwind

thewhirlwind

• Pip
  • 4 posts
EVEry time i restart my computer I get this program atemping to install it's is asking for a cd called IstantShare, And it then asked for the CD InstantShare, i don't have that CD so I click cancle and then I get a Erro 1706.No valid source could befound for product InstantShare. The Windows installer cannot countinue. I then click ok and it starats all over again, untill i ctrl +Alt + Deleat and end the intallation. Can some one help me get this to stop the maddness ahhh. :) :tazz:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:05:17 PM, on 12/2/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\digital imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
D:\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsiExec.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Peter\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 3 for hijackthis[1].zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\ubuv41k8.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_1.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZTgServerSwitch] "c:\program files\support.com\client\bin\tgcmd.exe" /server

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
instant share is an hp product used to share digital photos over the internet
http://h71036.www7.h...-0-225-121.html

have you recently installed any software related to an HP digital camera?

thewhirlwind

thewhirlwind

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no i have already digital photograph software on it but i think i messed up the reg. on when iw as installing a plug in for a game ? is there anyway to get rid of that program that is trying to install itself ?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well..here's the deal....all references to instantshare....are refering to hp software...for hp digital cameras...what kind of digital camera do you have? what kind of computer is it? what software (digital photography) do you have?

thewhirlwind

thewhirlwind

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a sony cybershot DSC T1 and a a HP Photosmart 7450 printer running off
Sony Vaio
Pentium 4 CPU 2.79 GHz,512MBvof RAM

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the instantshare software possibly came bundled with your printer....could you try reinstalling the printer software?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
or...the next time it asks for the cd..put the cd that came with your printer in the drive

thewhirlwind

thewhirlwind

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok will do now to find that disk lol thanks for your help :) :tazz: