Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP ME PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

marlene23

marlene23

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay i reformated not more than 3 days ago! now its doing pretty much all the same things that caused me to reformat then so i guess it didnt fix my problem, but however i have no clue what the problem is which is why im here so heres what happening

my task manager wont open no matter how many time i click it the icon for it shows up by my clock but it never becomes active on my screen.

i cant restart my computer or turn it off through the start menu it just locks my computer up completely . the only way it shuts down is through the button on the box.

my yahoo messy is all screwed up . if i click just anything but the names on the list it instantly crashes.

last reboot i got an stop error screen im not sure what it means i havent installed anything new so im not sure what thats all about the screen had a section called tech info which said ( *** Stop : 000000C5 , (0xE12AC000,
0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8053CAF2)) not sure if that means anything but maybe it will help

my stats
Windows XP Home Edition SP1
intel celeron ® CPU 2.50GHz
768 MB of ram

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I haven't seen a task manager icon, you can right click the taskbar then click task manager

Microsoft only have logitech mouseware as a cause for the error in XP

Is there a reason SP2 is not on

marlene23

marlene23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
that is how i always access my task manager and its a solid green square that is its icon next to my clock !