Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovery Disk Problem

• Please log in to reply

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
When I got my new computer, it had 2 recovery disks, but when I did sfc/scannow it used the recovery partion on my hard drive but at the near end it needed the second recovery disk for DLL cache or something, please insert Windows XP Profession disk 2(Which I thought is my one of my recovery disks) so I put it in and it didn't recognize it! I tried the 1st to see if it maybe the 2nd one and it didn't work.

Whats weird is it will recognize it in system repair, but not sfc/scannow.

I tried to so to the HP recovery disk maker and since it already made one it wouldn't let me make one! And I can't buy the recovery disks for my computer off the HP direct site!

What should I do? Contact the store I bought it from or HP? Or is there something I can do without hassling with them...

Edited by Comrade General, 02 December 2005 - 05:43 PM.

Advertisements