Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Problems

• Please log in to reply

sayala

sayala

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi -

I fllowed the instructions for repair of internet explorer and a pop up comes up that says the file IEXPLORE.EXE is needed and asks for a path to find the file. I have no idea what to do here. In the meantime I am unable to access certain websites. Please help!

Thanks,

Susanne

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. From the repair IE guide at http://www.geekstogo...er-60-t251.html
Note: Both methods listed require that the Microsoft Windows XP CD-ROM be available. That means you have to put the windows install cd in your drive for windows to find the files it needs. Put your windows install cd in and give it another shot.

sayala

sayala

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Unfortunatly I do not have the disk. Is there anyway to get a fix for it without the disk? I am desperate at this point! I cannot find the disk anywhere! Thanks.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You could try going to M$, download and install IE6 SP1 at http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

sayala

sayala

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I tried that but it tells me that I have a newer version already installed and it cannot continue. Is there any way to uninstall internet explorer and reinstall it?

Thanks,

Susanne