Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ram

• Please log in to reply

starcraft

starcraft

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
hi im just about to buy some ram for my pc but wasnt sure what the limit is for my mother board .. its the m848a rev2:1 , i was thinking about getting a gig stick of ram .. but wasnt sure if my mother board could take that much so i thought i would check up with u guys :tazz: thanks in advance for any help :)

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Go on the crucial website they will tell you, if you buy it from them its guaranteed to work.

fsb1284

fsb1284

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Your motherboard seems to support 3GB of DDR400/333/266/200 RAM. So the 1GB stick would work provided you don't already have 3GB in there. I'd get all DDR400, since the lowest clock speed is selected if you mix speeds together (i.e. DDR400 with DDR266). Also, take into consideration the slots you have open. Investing in that 1GB stick is probably a good idea, since you've only 3 slots to work with :tazz:

Here's your board's specific info. for future reference:
PCCHIPS Website

Edited by fsb1284, 03 December 2005 - 11:24 AM.