Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL Instant Messenger

• Please log in to reply

Tensaei

Tensaei

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Okay, my friend needs help, one of his friends sent him a link to a "Christmas card" and he clicked it. >_<
Anyways, then his AIM box closed, and it starts sending everyone on his buddy list the link and saying that it is a Christmas card...
I'm thinking it's a virus... or something. Also, it occurs about every 5 minutes.
So, can anyone resolve this issue for him?
If this is in the wrong section, sorry.
If you need him to scan with ewido or something, I'll tell him.
(He's running Win XP)

Edited by Tensaei, 03 December 2005 - 04:55 PM.

Advertisements

amnmaggot

amnmaggot

• Pip
  • 6 posts
If worse comes to worse just try re-installing AIM.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Please have your friend go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
He may still have the virus after running the scans, although it may not look like it. Please have him post a HiJack This log after following the initial scans.

-Ryan