Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Image does not match thumbnail

• Please log in to reply

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
After scanning 175 images which were named book1.jpg to book175.jpg I added a few images which I renamed book book50a.jpg and book70a.jpg. I renamed the images so I could sort them by name. Now I find that several of the thumbnail images do not match the actual image. In other words if I click on the thumbnail in My Pictures in Thumbnail View a different image from the one in the thumbnail appears in the Windows and Fax Viewer window. The same thing happens when I use the Film Strip View. When I highlight the image in the film strip, a different image appears above the film strip image. My guess is that the index to the actual image has been corrupted. Can this be corrected? Or is there some other problem?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try deleting the file called 'THUMBS.DB' in the folder where your images are (My Pictures?). Windows will create a new one next time you view the images in thumbnail view. Could be the existing thumbs.db file is corrupted.

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I do not have a Thumbs.db file in the folder with the images. ( I have selected "Show hidden and system files". I have not checked "Do not cache thumbnails". ) The only file with a Thumbs.db file in in the image file in a Web. I have check another computer and find no Thumbs.db file in any of the My Picture folder there either.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You need to disable this folder-view option lower down the list:
"Hide Protected Operating System Files". Then you should see THUMBS.DB

Delete it (ignore the warning -- trust me!) Close 'My Pictures' folder then re-open it. Windows will create a new DB file.

Don't forget to re-hide protected OS files again if other people use your PC. it's safer that way.