Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer problem

• Please log in to reply

Crystalballl

Crystalballl

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I moved, I left the printer that was installed on my computer behind. So once I got here, I went to uninstall and it said it uninstalled it, but now whenever I turn my computer on, its searching for the programs that went with it, and trying to install them, asking me where the install exe is. I have no idea how to stop this! :tazz: Help! :)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
They should also be in add remove, eg Dell all in one will install Dell Picture Studio and Paint shop photo album as seperate entities

Crystalballl

Crystalballl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It isn't in Add/Remove. It's not even in Control Panel-Printers. But it keeps wanting to install the programs. And it shows and HP category in my Start-Programs... But when I click on the uninstall in there it does absolutly nothing! :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, search, include hidden and system files, look for the printer, or anything HP, send any which relate to the printer to the recycle bin, leave them there until you reboot to check the PC is running OK

You only need to empty the recycle bin if you need the room

If you get access denied, click start, run, type msconfig then press then start up, remove ticks from any entries for the printer, click apply reboot, try to remove them

Another thing is using Move On Boot, which will let you get rid of almost anything, so be careful with it

http://www.snapfiles...moveonboot.html