Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Problems

• Please log in to reply

jennifery64119

jennifery64119

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a computer at work that keeps falling of the network. It will fall off 1-3 times in one day. This isn't all the time, but at least once a week. I'm working with Dell's that are running Linux. I was told by the operator that the computer has had a couple of new network cards put in it recently. I'm trying to figure out what the problem would be. How do you troubleshoot something like this?

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
welcome to geeksto go
I'm not to much up on the linux OS but I have heared that some of the hardware that where designed for windows do not run right on the linuxs OS what I would do is check out to see if the network card will work on the linux OS with out any bugs you can check this on the makers web site of the card.
<_<