Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

little red X

• Please log in to reply

rufus

rufus

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I wanted to use the live chat feature, but when I clicked on it, I just got a box w/a little red X in it. How do I get to chat?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi rufus!

You are getting that RED X because you do not have JAVA installed on your computer. You can download the Java Runtime Environment from HERE. Once that is installed, you may or may not have to reboot your computer. It will tell you if you do. After it's installed, and after the reboot if needed, reopen your browser and try to connect to LIVE CHAT again.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 03 December 2005 - 09:21 PM.

rufus

rufus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks Fenor. I found the software on my Internet providers disk. Thought I had reinstalled it, but guess not. I uninstalled XP and tried to put ME on but couldn't find modem w/ME, so I had to reinstall XP.