Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

force hotfix reinstall

• Please log in to reply

Middie042

Middie042

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
per the qfecheck utility, i need to reinstall a kb902400. could find no reference in support.microsoft or other places. did uninstall from add/remove, will not reinstall from update. removed 2 found entries in registry. still no luck. removed hidden folder in \windows\$hi_mfg$ entirely. still no luck. the update install log still shows this as installed successfully. what am i missing?? thanks much.................. :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi middei042!

Go to the C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB902400$ folder and double-click the spuninst.exe file located in the spuninst folder. Once that is done, or if that folder didn't exist, then go HERE and download the KB902400 updated and reinstall it.

Fenor

Middie042

Middie042

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
Thank you Fenor for fast reply!
I am in midst of a chkdsk scan on that laptop, and will follow your expert advice as soon as it is done. I believe I had tried the uninstall process in the folder without luck, but will try that again, then follow your link if necessary. Will post back if further problems, thank you :tazz: