Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft Performance

• Please log in to reply

Eggn2Noke

Eggn2Noke

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm running WoW on 256 RAM and I'm open to any suggestions on improving PC performance to reduce lag. I have all of my video options within the game on the lowest settings so was wondering if there is anything I can do to my PC to help.

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Well first off you could tell me your CPU SPEED , what Video Card you have and the latest Drivers for that card here are the recommended specifiactions for the game

CPU: 800 MHz - Hard Drive Space 4 GB - RAM: 256 MB

You could try upgrading to 512MB DDR/SDRAM with another 256MB DDR/SDRAM stick and maybe an Overall 3D video card from Nvidia or ATI and a GOOD sound card

If you dont know your CPU Speed , Video Card and Sound Card Download Everest Home Edition Here : http://www.snapfiles.../dleverest.html

Edited by NvidiaDude, 04 December 2005 - 04:09 AM.

Eggn2Noke

Eggn2Noke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The video is nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420, I have a Pentium 4 running 2.53 GHz, and 256 (RDRAM), and my motherboard is a dimension 8250. I have been told in the past that upgrading RAM on an 8250 was difficult and expensive so I have been trying to avoid it but my have to.

Football Geek

Football Geek

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ah...yes.
Another choppy performance. I'm Artagnan on Perenolde, message me if you have more questions.
My suggestions:
A. If you are a dedicated gamer (lvl 33+) please upgrade RAM to AT LEAST 1gb DDR SDRAM. Upgrade your video card if possible.
B. If not, try reducing settings or getting faster internet.

Artagnan, Mage, Perenolde