Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whats the best FREE! Web host

• Please log in to reply

jpro

jpro

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
:tazz: I Normaly use Freewebs But you can only do 7 pages and no background which is a bit annoying!! :)

I Just wanned to know what other people use??

Thanks

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Tripod is good!

sarahd711

sarahd711

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I usually use Yahoo! Geocities. The only gripe I have with it is the ad banner on the side, even though it can be minimized, and also an occassional pop-up.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
That depends on what you're looking for in the hosting package.

In my opinion, geocities is probably the best for starting out. The control panel has simple interface and it's easy to figure out.

Space and bandwidth wise, http://www.t35.com/ is probably the best you'll find anywhere. You get unmetered disk space/bandwidth, which is like having unlimited space/bandwidth, unless you use huge amounts.

For advanced users that require databases and scripts, free hosts are usually useless.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
if u know html/php/anything else, a very very good host is gwgaming.net. 2 gigs bandwith, 500 megs of space, mysql, apache handlers, cron jobs, 10 free email addresses, 5 (i think) ftp accounts, and about 15 other buttons that i have no idea what they mean. this is all in cpanel.

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
www.funpic.org is very good although their tech staff can soemtimes be a little flakey, they offer free php and MySQL hosting with no adds although that may have changed as far as the adds are concerned. you get as much toom as you need for the SQL database but only a 4 MB file storage so it's quite small but they are great for PHP application hosting if you don't want to install a virtual server on your PC.