Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application wont work on a shared network?

• Please log in to reply

Classy2

Classy2

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Theres a 16 bit program which ALWAYS I used for years. Now my system had winsock to get me back online, my system hasn't been the same.
So I shared an 16 bit application which wouuldnt work on my computer at this time; and I shared on the other computer, but it still doesn't work. Both computers have XP AND share the same network. Why cant I run it?
Can you give an ideas what may be preventing the program from running?
Faithfully,
Classy

Edited by Classy2, 05 December 2005 - 05:06 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Not all programs like being run across a network. Copy it locally to your computer.

Not all 16-bit programs work in Windows either. Some break under Service Pack 2.

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I guess I will have to use it from my other computer which has SP2 XP.
Maybe its time to buy an more up to date rolex file. If you know of any names of programs which resembles a rolex file, please tell me.
OK, Thank you.