Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Access Project Help Needed

• Please log in to reply

Appreciated

Appreciated

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Have been given a project, admittedly about a month ago that has to be handed up next week.
I have not started and don't really know where to start. Will be getting help of a friend and a book at the weekend but would like to get some done now.
Missed alot of lab sessions so am in need of serious help.

The outline is for an electronic voting database application with forms and reports internal to the database.
the db will have a list of voters for the country and constituencies. political candidates and associated politcal partieswill also be recorded for each election
eg. if there is a general election in 2005, a voter(if registered) may vte for their particular constituency candidates. Each vote is recorded for that voter, the constituency they were from and the candidate they voted for (only one vote allowed)
in addition the application should demonstrate some sort of analysis of the election (how many votes were there? which candidates got what votes? which voters are registered? etc)

required functionality:
*voters info is recorded (name, address telephone, registered?)
*constituency info is recorded (name, estimated population, location, county etc)
*election info is recorded (voter/candidate etc)
*candidate info (name, details etc)
*political party info(name, details etc)
*voters can be recorded for an election
*administrator can view all info
*administrator may run queries on the data recorded
*administrators may print/preview reports
*a voter registration slip may be printed for registered voters with the details of an election

Business rules which should incorporated to the db:

*voters are only allowed to vote once and for one candidate
*voters cannot change their vote once it is made
*if a candidate gets more than 10 vtes they are flagged as elected on screen
*charts should allow the admin to graphically represent the number of votes different candidates got in the election
*it is possible to see the total number of votes for political party nation-wide
*there should be an option for a voter to spoil their vote
*a seperate log-in for voters so that they may only see their candidates for election and select one before they log out. Voters have no other access to the application.
*the administrator can edit/view everything.

Now if you have read this far you must be willin to help. I am not asking anyone to do this for me. It is my project and my own fault for not sorting it out myself.
But in terms of workload how long should this take? is a whole weekend enough time?
is it really that hard?
and a suggestion on where to start would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Advertisements