Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Heeeeeeeeeeeelp!

• Please log in to reply

LaXene

LaXene

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
my cd rom and dvd rom were working properly, but now i dont know why when i wanna put a cd or dvd in my computer it says that there is no cdrom or dvd rom attached! i dont know what to do. please help my dad is gonna kill me!!

Advertisements

Ryan.

Ryan.

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Don't panic we can help.... Can you please right click on MyComputer then goto hardware. Then goto device manager and tell me what all has a yellow question mark beside it.

-Ryan

LaXene

LaXene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i did that already, but the driver is not there, its like it doesnt exist. :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Try This and see if it helps.

Rick

LaXene

LaXene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
what does this do? because i downloaded it and installed it, but it didnt do anything. please help

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
If you double-clicked on it, and told it "Yes" and added it to the registry, then restart your computer and see if it worked. You have to restart to see if anything happened.

LaXene

LaXene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i restarted my computer like u said, but it still doesnt work. :tazz:

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
1. Was anything installed lately?

2. What type of internet connection do you have (DSL, Cable, Dial-up)?

3. What anti-virus and anti-spyware software do you have?

We can also check your Power Supply to make sure it isn't giving out on us. To do this, download and install Speed Fan

After installing it, run it and take a screenshot. To take a screenshot, press Print Screen/SysRq on your keyboard, open Paint, and paste. Save the picture as a JPEG and attach it to your reply.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 13 December 2005 - 12:53 PM.

LaXene

LaXene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
thanks for ur help. hey i just noticed that theres a yellow thing on something that says "secondary IDE Channel" u think that has something to do with the problem? :tazz:

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Sure sounds like it. Double-click on it and copy the description of the problem. Paste it here and we'll help ya out :tazz:

Advertisements

LaXene

LaXene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
ok here's what it says: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Did you or someone in your family uninstall any kind of CD burning software lately?

LaXene

LaXene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
no i didnt, the only thing i installed was an anti- spyware thing from America Online, but i dont think that has anything to do with that.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Ok. Let's check the registry out:

1. Start Registry Editor. To do this, click on Start, Run, type regedit in the space provided and then press enter.

2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Do NOT do anything with this entry yet! Just let me know if it exists.

4. Now, locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

5. Once again, do NOT do anything with this entry yet! Just let me know if it exists.

Post back and let me know if these entries exist.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 13 December 2005 - 01:21 PM.

LaXene

LaXene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
yes it exists! :tazz: