Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help need picking out parts.

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
eBay generally i say no complicates things sometimes and if something goes wrong woe betide you, but it can sometimes be worth the risk. The winnie was better than the newcastle if i remember right. clawhammer and venice i would say are kinda equal as the clawhammer was fast but not as refined with as many features, so its tricky which is better on that front, san diego though is the dogz bollox though(i cant afford it either).

Advertisements

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
You can trust eBay . . . . if you find a seller with good reviews. I was concerned with that when I bought my 3500. It showed up in anti-statice wrap which was inside a check box. I freaked out, but when I put it in everything worked. I also bought a FX-55 on eBay ($450) and it was fine. Just be careful who you buy from

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Is an Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego for 235$ good deal? rofl

I will check out eBay and check stores, and I'll post links for anoobrew to check thanks m8s,

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah looks like a good deal, i really wouldnt reccomend ebay unless you really need cheap parts because unless its brand new from a shop using ebay then there is no guarantee of money back or that the warranty is valid(they often ask for the shop you bought and information on the purchase to trace back parts if you cant provide this then they dont have to RMA a part.
And no guarantee it will be properly packaged, ebay is good but i really wouldnt reccomend buying electronics as its a bit of a dark art electronics at times.

El Jimben

El Jimben

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
If you use a credit card to pay for things on Ebay, the consumer credit act provides you with protection in instances where what you've ordered is faulty, not as described, not fit for the purpose it was sold for or if it doesn't arrive at all. That way you've got a better chance of getting the money back if something goes wrong. This is an easy way to try and cover yourself in this respect. However, if what you order works at first then stops working after say a week, I imagine this abit of a grey area.