Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP just got this new mother board and something is not right

• Please log in to reply

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok i just ordered all parts of my new computer such as proccessor power supply and mother board etc. so after connecting the parts together i finnaly turn the power on and the power switch is connected but the button when pushed wont start the computer. i have no clue why this is happening and the mother board model is EPOX EP-5VKMI Via Socket 775 MicroATX Motherboard help would be so much appreiciated thanks.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi aznsjater51...

The most common cause of this is not having the front panel bus connected correctly...double check all of the wires connected there using the motherboard manual as reference. Also check that all the power cables from the power supply to the MoBo are connected and firmly seated.

wannabe1

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok ill give that a try

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
heh sory to ask but wats a front panel bus

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i did all that and still not booting

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The front panel bus is where all the little wires from the front of the case attach to the motherboard. It will be in the lower right corner of the board (usually) and will be a series of small pins (::::::tazz:. The wires from the front of the case must be attached correctly or you'll not be able to use the power switch, reset button, or see the led's for power and HDD activity. There should be instructions in your manual for this and the wires are labeled on the small plastic connectors.

wannabe1

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ya i unplugged and replugged on the right accorded name according to manual but still not booting up

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Do any of the fans spin up or do you see any signs of life at all on the motherboard?

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
idk how to check if there are signs of life of the mother board

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
well heres the weird thing i plug in my optical mouse and when the power supplyer is turned on the opical mouse that is connected to the motherboard port is red even when the computer isent turned on. sigh..... wats the problem

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Does the CPU fan spin? Can you hear the HDD spinning up? Does the power supply fan come on?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Is the CPU fan spinning? Do you ever hear a "beep" from the system speaker?

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
well no the fan doesent spin but neighther does the fan on the power supplyer when the power button is pushed

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
This is a most curious problem... :tazz:

Let me see if I can get another opinion or two...

wannabe1

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i dun know if this would help but i just got this dilevered today from tigerdirect.com and the case i chose is Premium 2531 Blue ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB and Audio Ports with the mother board i said b4