Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

You know you're a geek when...

• Please log in to reply

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I don't know what number htis is on, but:

When you memorize digits of a certain irrational number but can't explain why.

When you would rather watch Star Wars or Star Trek than reality shows.

When you cannot last an entire conversation without mentioning computers.

Edit:
When you know more three and four-letter acronyms than you care to count.

Edited by Pi rules, 12 December 2005 - 03:57 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
#48 you know you are a geek when you have the honest desire to have a hard drive and wifi connection installed into yourself.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you know you're a geek when 1001111011000 11011011100011
you know you're a geek when 0FF0E0FFE
you know you're a geek when your prefered method of creating art is with ascii charts

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
When you spent a weekend making a program to translate things like this:

you know you're a geek when 1001111011000 11011011100011
you know you're a geek when 0FF0E0FFE
you know you're a geek when your prefered method of creating art is with ascii charts

Although I have to go and don't have time to try it. Although, as a closing statement:
50692072756C6573212121 (hex)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You know you're a geek when the little time you spend OFFline is used trying to figure out how to inject caffeine directly into your veins. :tazz:

Johanna...if my phone line dies....you may as well just shoot me. Of course, I have about 20 or so of my fellow geeks from around here programmed into my cell. So I can at least CALL them to get the latest scoop from around here. :)

:)

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

When you spent a weekend making a program to translate things like this:
Although I have to go and don't have time to try it. Although, as a closing statement:
50692072756C6573212121 (hex)

You know you are a geek when you say "What the..." everytime you don't understand something.

So... What the... mate? ^^

Also, I don't take the time to find out how to inject caffine directly into my viens, I just drink coke, pepsi, coffee, etc. :tazz:

Oh!

You know you are a geek when you get so hyper on caffine yet you just sit infront of your computer. :)

Edited by Comrade General, 12 December 2005 - 06:12 PM.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

You know you are a geek when you say "What the..." everytime you don't understand something.

So... What the... mate? ^^

50692072756C6573212121 = Pi Rules!!! in hex. I made a program that translates an English string (such as Pi Rules!!!) into ASCII base 10, base 2 (binary), and base 16 (hexadecimal) and from any one of the integer bases into the other ones and English. I'm not quite sure why I did it. I saw that Microsoft VisualStudio Express Editions were free, so I got all of them, and tried it with VisualBasic because I had a class on it last year.

Edit: I just read what I wrote, and I think it will just confuse everyone more. It just translates between English, ASCII base 10, 2, or 16 from one to the other three.

Edited by Pi rules, 12 December 2005 - 09:00 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You know you should get off the VB addiction right now, i started getting into coding and had to stop, i got addicted im trying to forget it know i used to sit and right silly little programs and find novel ways to integrate funny little modules into my larger programs for school.

Caffeine, who needs caffiene when you can have the adreniline rush of zombie killing in quake or hun bashin in CoD, and at lans when you have the all night adreniline we drink the beer to keep us chill. Caffeine is good but i prefer more natural PC based alternatives.

Will switch to caffeine totally as soon as they make a USB tea and coffee maker, till then im an all cyborg PC addict no non PC based products where possible.

I might play twenty minutes of quake to get me goin a bit.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Special thanks to DT who did most of the work from his cell phone to get us back up and running. Now thats dedication :tazz:

you know you're a geek when you fix our beloved forum from your cellphone....WOOOHOOO DT!

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

you know you're a geek when you fix our beloved forum from your cellphone....WOOOHOOO DT!

Lets just say 50... Keep with the numbers people! :)

#50: You know you are a geek when the people at electronic stores like talking to you. :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol
#51 you know you are a real geek when staff at electronics stores dont like talking to you.

Apparently working in an electronics shop instantly qualifies someone in the latest hardware, who would have figured.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
[qoute]#50: You know you are a geek when the people at electronic stores like talking to you.[/quote]

#52: Or when they don't know what you are talking about.

#53: When you call tech. support and have to explain the words you use.

#54: When you type about 500x more words on tech. support forums than you talk at school or work.

btw: Comrade General-nice PC!, but don't you mean 2x512 MB?
Warriorscot-my brother likes the car in your sig. :tazz:

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
55: You know you're a geek when you have Klingon in your signiture.
56: You know you're a geek when you can translate the Klingon in someone's profile

Edited by rmurphy, 13 December 2005 - 06:10 PM.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

btw: Comrade General-nice PC!, but don't you mean 2x512 MB?
Warriorscot-my brother likes the car in your sig. :tazz:

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for finding my mistake. :)

Hehe, caught another mistake, I got the GT OC card. :) Ahh... Overclocked makes me drool!

57: You know you're a geek when you drool to pwnage overclockage and you use "age" at the end of alot of words. :woot:

Edited by Comrade General, 13 December 2005 - 06:21 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol, oh i could have got worse on the klingon, i need to get a klingon translator(do you think babel fish does klingon, if it does the entire sig is goin klingon.

Who doesnt like that car, i may be a geek but i can still appreciate quite literally the best road car in the world(it can beat F1 cars its amazin W16 engine 1001bhp and it looks amazin) well you get the picture. I have to have some non geek like and i picked that car(i like planes as well but only for the technology really so its kinda geeky)

Im such a geek its not funny, i read this and most of these kind of threads a few apply to you, no its most of them.