Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Since I downloaded AVG Free WMP10 Won't Work

• Please log in to reply

EvoTJ

EvoTJ

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, so very recently I had Norton Anti Virus but when it expired I downloaded AVG-Free on my upstairs computer. I always viewed lots of video clips on different websites and after I downloaded AVG my internet browser no longer plays these media clips. I don't have AVG on my basement computer and the websites still work so that's why I think AVG might of had a higher restriction level or something. I uninstalled AVG and also reinstalled WMP10 and the problem has not fixed itself. If anyone has any knowledge about this please let me know, thanks!!

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Is there an error message? If so what is it?

Have you tried other media players such as Winamp or Media Player Classic?

EvoTJ

EvoTJ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No, I havent tried any other media players but the problem is like, you click on the video clip link and then it says it loads for a sec and then the page says done as if it thinks its loaded or something. Underneath where the video should be playing the website says "you need windows media player 10 to see this" And I have it already and reinstalled it as well, so i'm not sure what to do now. Even small things like i was on www.amazon.com and was browsing a CD and there is an option to hear a small clip of each song on the cd and i'd click the link to listen and the samething would happen. It would show it loading for a second and then say done but the screen would be blank and nothing would be happening. I guess trying a different media player might work for that but I think it's a bigger problem. I've googled for my problem and i've found somewhat similar problems but most of them say they receive an error message, when I play something it looks as if it thinks it actually loaded the file. Any suggestions??

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
try saving a video file onto your computer and play it instead of streaming it.

EvoTJ

EvoTJ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
okay it says to download the file right click and hit save target as...but when i right click theres only save link as and save image as, both of which would just be text files, not video. not sure what the heck is going on lol. im about to ready to reformat the hard drive :/