Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conflict between 2 programs? connection problems..

• Please log in to reply

Purgatory

Purgatory

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Okay, here's my problem.

My problem consists with Steam, and DC++

I have all my ports forwarded correctly, checked many times, even switched ports as to try others.
This mainly applies to DC++

Anyways, It worked fine for the longest time, and now... When I get the hublist, and connect to some hubs, everythings fine, when trying to download something or get someones filelist, It says connecting, then goes to connection timed out. and thats it, it never connects, at all. Then after this, I have trouble connecting to hubs, and still can't browes directories.

This went down and I got frustrated and decided to play some CSS, Started up Steam to find it sitting on Updating with the green window forever, then it gives me a connection error saying I am offline.

Even though I am connected to the internet, can browes the web, my browsers work fine, MSN stays connected and the like.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Worked fine for a long time, and now its doing this.

If I let the computer sit, or restart it, everything returns to normal... until I us DC++.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements