Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Found new driver

• Please log in to reply

ashish

ashish

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
i have win xp pro. freshly installed on my pc

but always it founds new hardware for which drivers i couldnt find.

the hardware found is "intel aim external tv encder driver 1"

the hard ware found is always the same but only the last digit changes randomly from 1 to 9 .

now i want to install a bluetooth adapter which i cannot because when i click on add new hardware xp returns an error saying that another hardware installation is in progress and cannot therefore install a new hardware.

there are no such hardwares in my pc as detected by xp.

i have had an antivirus scan and adaware scan.

also there are no yellow marks or any other problems in device manager.

pls help

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot

Run tune up start up manager to check for anything listed for the Intel TV Encode, if you see it, remove the tick and reboot

The following are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

ashish

ashish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i have done all the actions as told but there is no change though there some improvement in performance but the hardware detection problem remains.

pls reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install Service manager and Driver Manager from my signature to look for it with those

ashish

ashish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i have installed the software and in device manager i think i have found some of the hardware detected at startup but they are set to start manually and right now the status is stopped.

so what i should do , shall i remove them?

also i want to say that there are not al the names of hardwares detected randomly.

for example the hardware detected are AIM externeal tv encoder 1 to 9 or 10 while in the manager only 0 to 4 can be found.

pls suggest

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Set the ones you can to disabled, make a note of any changes so you can reverse them, when you have disabled them, reboot, check they are still disabled, and that the PC is running properly, if so, try installing the bluetooth adapter.

Also

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

ashish

ashish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i have found one name which if disabled the problem is solved, but another problem starts.

the problem is that i am unable to connect to net via broadband and couldnt start zone alrm pro and also the control panel.

i have also disabled all the AIM names which are detected on startup.

i have AVG antivirus, Ad aware and Zonealarm running for any kind of attacks.

another thing is that the AVG free edition signals that the internal virus database is out of date and when i try to upodate it finds no update and still signals the out of date warning.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you able to run through the malware removal guide at all