Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Three small problems i need help with

• Please log in to reply

kryton790

kryton790

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Got three things that Im having problems with just now on my computer.

1. In windows explorer if i create a new folder it does not appear until i refresh. the same happens if i change the name of a folder, the new name does not appear until refreshed. Can anyone help?

2. When i used to open my computer, the icons were layed out in groups with main headings. they are now just a list of icons. How do i go back to having the groups?

3. Finally, when i insert a cd in to my cd drive, the computer takes no action. I can open the contents of the cd no problem from "my computer" but would like the auto run feature back. An auto run cd will not start up automatically either.

Any help on any of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :tazz:

Advertisements

Jag11

Jag11

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

2. When i used to open my computer, the icons were layed out in groups with main headings. they are now just a list of icons. How do i go back to having the groups?

Just open My Computer, then right-click anywhere in the window. Select Arrange Icons By, then click Show in Groups.

Jag11

Jag11

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

3. Finally, when i insert a cd in to my cd drive, the computer takes no action. I can open the contents of the cd no problem from "my computer" but would like the auto run feature back. An auto run cd will not start up automatically either.

Open My Computer, then right-click on the CD ROM icon, and select Properties. It will open the Properties window, click on the AutoPlay tab, you will find the options there, set it on whatever you want.

kryton790

kryton790

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanyou

Think I have sorted the first one myself.