Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

htm message attatchment in outlook

• Please log in to reply

bmucjc

bmucjc

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am having a problem on one of the computers in our workgroup.
When this box recieves a message in outlook it also recieves an attatchment
"att######.html". The number sign indicates a number that is different but the att and
.html is always there. The box is running w2k sp4 and Office 97. We ar a peer to peer network
and are also using microsoft mail for shared schedulers. The connection to the internet is
dsl. Can someone :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
could you open up the att file and post it's contents...it will usually give a report of the issue (those att files are generally used for bounce messages or ndr replies and other such email errors)

bmucjc

bmucjc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I need to start by saying that the attatchment is not a .html but a .txt (att000098.txt).
When you open it all that is in there is the body of the e-mail that was recieved.
Here is the contents,

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 9:07 AM
To: ~~removed~~
Subject:

This is a test

I an also attaching this file to this tread..
Thanks for the reply[attachment=5190:attachment]

Hope you dont mind I add the attachment to this reply, Want to edit out the email address from any future replies or you will have even more e-mail issues
-----Original Message----- From: Gary Huisken [SMTP:] Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 9:07 AM To: Subject: This is a test

Edited by don77, 13 December 2005 - 12:13 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hmm...not sure why the mail server is sending an att with it...those usually contain messages about send errors... is this an exchange mail account or an account with your isp?

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Post the email headers? :tazz: