Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformatted and computer is choppy

• Please log in to reply

ZNA

ZNA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Since reformat I have installed:

AIM
GAIM
Mozilla Firefox
I-Tunes/Quick Time
and the drivers

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
(hopefully keith has something helpful)....i'm gonna say...try uninstalling everything but the drivers....

ZNA

ZNA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Uninstalling did not help, even removed the video driver (because that was when it locked up) .. maybe another reformat, and this time be even more careful what I put on it? Or do you think it is inevitable, and will occur again?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
asked for some help....so far...most of the guyzos are blaming itunes...

http://dban.sourceforge.net/ get that..and use it to format the drive instead of fdisk..then reinstall...but do not install any software....just get your drivers up..(also...post your specs and what drivers y ou do get...that way we can make sure they're correct)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
any change?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

A little late as I see the poster hasn't returned, but since this is a laptop, I'm hoping he went to the Toshiba site to get his video driver and not the ATI website.

in theory toshiba has it's own set of drivers for your video card...did you get the drivers from ati or toshiba?