Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2000 BSOD "Acpi Bios" HELP

• Please log in to reply

DaTruth

DaTruth

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: Hey,
I really need some help getting through this BSOD on my moms computer. I cant get in Windows 2000 system, to get on the internet to fix the problem. So I got on my computer to try and fix it but most sites tell me how to fix the problem when Im in the computer. But like I said I cant get in it. Can some one please help me out. The BSOD comes up right after the Windows 2000 Login Screen. And it reads " The Acpi Bios in the system is not fully complaint with the Acpi speafication." :)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did this come up after resuming from hibernation?

DaTruth

DaTruth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Man im not even sure my familys not real good with computers and their features, but I have worked on computers for a about 3years (mostly hardware) and they came to me and told me that it was broken. I thought it was the Video Card, I put a new one in and it stop for a minute. And started back up. What you think it is?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...every reference to that particular error message (though...the exact message from the blue screen....stop code number and all would help)...references an awkward problem...that i do not know how someone would create...they all reference the possibility of installing ram while the machine is in hibernation

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;831691

try that...and also....try to get us the full bsod message...stop code and all

DaTruth

DaTruth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I didnt get that code yet but the computer also does somthing crazy before the Blue Screen Of Death!! It wont display! It turns on but it is real quiet and it just wont bring up POST or anything that is why I thought it was the vidoe card but it wasnt. But if u turn it off and turn off the monitor and turn them back on somtimes it will load back up but it still gives me the same problem with the BSOD! And once post do display it reads" No boot SCSI Found"
"No Bios SCSI installed"
Is that normal?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
probably not hehehe....but....to see if it's relevent..do you have any scsi devices installed?

how many sticks of ram do you have?

DaTruth

DaTruth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Naw, I dont have any SCSI hardware. And it has 3 sticks of ram.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try booting with only one stick in....if it boots past that message....put in another stick....if it boots past the message again...put in #3...if at any point during that...you get the same message...take the last stick out..and put the next one in it's place