Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pinnacle Studio 9 Problems

• Please log in to reply

Steelers86

Steelers86

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am using Pinnacle Studio 9 for a project (first time I have used this edition). I have the video clip (about 10 minutes long) captured as an MPEG off of a CD. I go into edit and press play to watch my video but no audio or video comes up. The time bar isn't even moving!

I need this answered quickly! :tazz:

Edited by Steelers86, 13 December 2005 - 04:56 PM.

Advertisements

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Hi,

Welcome to Geeks To Go.

Have a read of this link:
http://www.geekstogo...ems-t83476.html

Steelers86

Steelers86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for the help but that link doesn't help me

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Have you activated it?:

http://www.pinnacles... Specifications

More specifically that link says:
"Capture and output of MPEG-2 and ouput of Dolby Digital 2 channel audio require product activation via the Internet. Activation is free. Additional charges required for output of MPEG-4 and Dolby Digital 5.1 channel Audio."

Bottom line is MPEG formats are very difficult and problematic to edit and export, you should recapture in an AVI format (more preferable the uncompressed DV AVI format).

Gerk

Gerk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
How are you grabbing the files from the disk?

Do you have the latest patch (9.4.3)? If you have this patch you have the option to "import from dvd" under the file menu. You may need that mpeg2 activation code - call tech support