Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft OFfice XP Professional with Frontpage

• Please log in to reply

arabcamel

arabcamel

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hello. Everytime I start windows or sometimes at random times a windows installer box will appear and say "please wait while windows configures microsoft office XP professional with Front page". First off, i don't have front page. I DO have microsoft office XP. I have installed powerpoint, word, and excel. I was wondering if you could tell me how to stop that from showing up and trying to configure front page all the time.

Also I have things installed like Microsoft clip organizer and microsoft photo editor. I would rather get rid of these small programs that came with microsoft office xp. I'm not sure exactly how to uninstall them without uninstalling everything. I know some programs you can select which files you specifically want to uninstall, but when i went to ad/remove programs in the control panel and clicked "remove" it asked me if i want to remove everything so I said "no". Is there a way to remove just certain parts of office xp?

thanks

Edited by arabcamel, 13 December 2005 - 10:15 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Office XP comes with Frontpage hence the message on the box regardless of whether you install it or not.

Let it finish what it wants to do then it won't bug you anymore.

As for everything else, run Setup on the CD, should be an option to add/remove components.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah you can add or remove any components from the installation CD, i would just leave them on, they can once in a million years be handy and they arent intrusive or use alot fo space, i just have the whole lot installed, never use most of it, (word and excel for lab reports i taught myself to do access databases a while back never used it since). The rest like one note and all that can occasionaly be an interesting way to waste 5 minutes and you never know when it comes in useful.