Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

scan.hta nightmare

• Please log in to reply

vickieA

vickieA

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just finished a presentation on Producer, got it on a cd to distribute......but when we try to play it, it kicks in Norton anti virus and says it may contain a malicious script!! Scan.hta...........how in the world can i get around this so that it will play on any pc? I have tried to delete it, rename it, etc. and it won't let me. HELP

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You can disable Norton's script blocking.

I'm not very familiar with Producer, but I'm guessing there must be a work around. Have you checked their site?

vickieA

vickieA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes I have, it said to rename it to html, and to edit autorun file, but it would not let me.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
are you trying to edit the file on the cd? if so you need to put it back on your harddrive edit it then reburn it
<_<

vickieA

vickieA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm tryin my best, i saved it to the C disk, but when i try to re open it, it says it isn't there.