Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lexmark x1100 series printer running on a windows xp system

• Please log in to reply

trickinikki00

trickinikki00

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:) Hey, everyone. I have a lexmark x1100 series printer. I have had no problems with it since i got it. I recently did a system restore on my computer and wiped out my printer then realized i did not have the installation disk to reinstall it. I have been to the website for lexmark several times and have had no luck. the hardware is installed but it tells me the software is missing. how can i get this printer installed? I am desperately needing help because i will be starting my second quarter of college January 3 and will need the printer for papers and what not. Please somebody help.

nikki :tazz:

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Hi! Welcome to the site! :tazz:

To better help you, could you please tell me your exact model number. It should be on the printer or box. Thank you.

trickinikki00

trickinikki00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

:) Hey, everyone. I have a lexmark x1100 series printer. I have had no problems with it since i got it. I recently did a system restore on my computer and wiped out my printer then realized i did not have the installation disk to reinstall it. I have been to the website for lexmark several times and have had no luck. the hardware is installed but it tells me the software is missing. how can i get this printer installed? I am desperately needing help because i will be starting my second quarter of college January 3 and will need the printer for papers and what not. Please somebody help.

nikki :tazz:

Sure, Smokey. The model # is 4476-k04 Factory id b
serial number 29347644639 2004/08. I hope this helps. and thank you for taking time to help me. :)

trickinikki00

trickinikki00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi! Welcome to the site! :tazz:

To better help you, could you please tell me your exact model number. It should be on the printer or box. Thank you.

Smokey,

Thank You very much for your help but my husband fixed the problem for me. Surprisingly, he has no clue when it comes to computers....very limited internet use, and definetly chicken pecks lol. Just thought I would let you know. This is the web addy he typed out of my user's manual, which by the way I realized they do give it to you for a reason, everyone ought to try it, is

http://support.lexmark.com and the file is CJ201100SE. This completely installed the printer hardware and software. :) :) :woot: :P :)