Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my computer is too slow! and i don't know why

• Please log in to reply

rodri_g

rodri_g

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well, my problem is that my computer started to beeing low, and i don't know why, maybe because i have a program called "ares" (it is a program of p2p transmision) and i download mp3 and videos, but i don't have much of this, and i have free space, i don't know of computers, i tried with other programs to optimize my pc but nothing appears to work, please tell me what can i do?? :tazz:

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Hi! Welcome to GTG! :tazz:

Please start a new thread in the Spyware forum with a HiJackThis log. See the "Before Posting a Log..." link in my signature. This is an important read in your situation:
http://www.spywarein...m/articles/p2p/

Edited by Smokey, 14 December 2005 - 12:02 PM.

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
My general rule is never use P2P Sharing/Transmittion Devices ever!!! Even the the original program is safe and/or not loaded with typical spywares, it makes it really easy for corrupt users to put junk on your pc. In my office, I have banned P2Ps, in addition at my house.