Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth

• Please log in to reply

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello,

I have had trouble loading or installing the game on my PC. It has 4 discs. I've installed it before and wanted to get a patch so that after I installed it I wouldn't have to use the disc to play the game. I uninstalled it because I had downloaded the wrong patch for it. Now for some reason it doesn't want to load up again???

The error message always comes up on the third disc at 70% (right before it's done with the third disc). One of my friends installed it with ease but he hadn't installed it before them (it was the first time loading it onto his computer). He had no problems installing it and playing it.

The error says that it's unable to load up the bebugwindowlite.dll onto my computer. I've tried scanning my computer for virus', spyware, cleaning all my discs for any unwanted files and still is unable to load it up.

Is there a hidden folder that keeps all the old files of the game that needs to be deleted before installing again or what is there I can do for this problem??

Thanks for any help

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello!

What patch are you referring to?
Have you closed all unnecessary background tasks?
Have you deleted all your temp files?
After the uninstall did you remove any remaining files?

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Please report back to this thread once you did what he said.

If that didn't work, I (and of course he) will be able to assist you further.

:tazz: I hope. Just kidding. -Stephen V.