Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't log onto Brisbet.com

• Please log in to reply

Seaman32

Seaman32

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I can't access Brisbet.com. I can access all other web sites. How do I unblock access to Brisbet.com?????

Edited by Seaman32, 15 December 2005 - 01:31 PM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

I can't access Brisbet.com. I can access all other web sites. How do I unblock access to Brisbet.com?????

What makes you think you are blocked?? Are you getting an eror message?? Does your system have a firewall??

Murray

Seaman32

Seaman32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Every time I try to access Brisbet.com I get the following error message: "This page cannot be displayed"

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Home system?? Do you have all the up to date Service Packs, hotfixes, etc??

Murray

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Looks like they are running

Apache/1.3.28 Unix tomcat/1.0 mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7c on a TRU64

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Looks like they are running

Apache/1.3.28 Unix tomcat/1.0 mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7c on a TRU64

Gee.. and just how did you come to THAT brilliant deduction?? :tazz: :)

Murray

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Gee.. and just how did you come to THAT brilliant deduction??

www.netcraft.com which basically does a banner grab for you.

Connect to it www.netcraft.com via 'High Anonymity proxy' on port 8080 instead of using a “Transparent” proxy which likes to forward your information to the site itself.
Then do your little banner grab. Of course their are several other methods of obtaining such information with out the use of the 3RD party software.

Cheers,

Irongeek

Seaman32

Seaman32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Could you please explain your recommendation in more detail, I am not familiar with netcraft.com and I don't understand the meeaning or concept of grabbing the banner.

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Could you please explain your recommendation in more detail, I am not familiar with netcraft.com and I don't understand the meeaning or concept of grabbing the banner.

www.netcraft.com uses a 'cgi' script which tells you what webserver software (if any) your target is running.

Target yesterday was www.Brisbet.com and we determined what webserver software they are using again, it's:

Apache/1.3.28 Unix tomcat/1.0 mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7c

on a TRU64.

From this point it wouldn't be very hard to find vulnerabilities to exploit for that exact vendor and version of
apache 1.3.28 or any other service they are offering |application enumeration|(HTTP, SMTP, FTP, etc...)for that matter. Sites such as:

www.csrc.nist.gov/icat <--my favorite
Vulnerability database.

www.esecurityonline.com
www.securityfocus.com
www.sans.org
www.cert.org

This is very easy information to obtain and nothing new. Also, there are several different methods/techniques one can do to obtain such information via, locally or remotely.

Please remember there are ways to disable banners from being displayed when people connect to applications such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP etc.... I mean seriously, if I'm hosting my own website I don't want anyone connecting to it with telnet, on port 80 make the connection, press enter twice and get vendor and version number of my webserver software thats to much information I'm displaying.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Home system?? Do you have all the up to date Service Packs, hotfixes, etc??

Murray

Seaman32:

Don't worry about the other posts as they have nothing to do with you.. It doesn't really matter WHAT the website you are trying to get to is running..

Please answer my questions I posted earlier!!

Murray

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hey Murray S take a hint! It looks like to me he's NOT interested in what you have to say. :tazz:

Please answer my questions I posted earlier!!

Very demanding person I see.

Edited by Irongeek, 16 December 2005 - 12:22 PM.

Seaman32

Seaman32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry, I thought I did answer. Let me try again.

I have SP2 and all recommended upates installed (I receive auto updated from Microsoft). I have Macafee fire wall set on standard.

My PC is able to access brisbet.com. It has a direct connection to my linksys router.

My laptop (operating on wireless connection from the linksys router) is not able to access brisbet.com.

I was able to access brisbet.com (from my wireless laptop) prior to installing SP2 and was not able to access it afterwards. About two weeks passed after installing SP2 and before I attemped to access brisbet.com, so I can't be sure that SP2 was the cause.

I also spent a couple of hours on the phone with three different techs from brisbet and they tried many different things but could not resolve the issue.

Thanks for you assistance.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Okay.. Check the firewall SP2 installed to make sure it isn't blocking the connection.. Disable it if you have to !!

Murray